OPT has a full time Certified Hand Therapist and an Occupational Therapist that specialize in hand therapy on-site. They specialize in the treatment of patients with orthopedic injuries of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. Our therapists develop custom treatment programs to facilitate the healing process while gaining function. We specialize in post-surgical care for a variety of injuries including industrial accidents, motor vehicle accidents, disease processes and overuse syndromes. We accept a variety of payment including Insurance, Private Insurance, Medicare, and Worker’s Compensation.
What To Expect
The first contact you will have with an Occupational Therapist (OT) will be during a scheduled evaluation. Every effort is made to schedule your evaluation within 24-48 hours of your referral. OTs utilize an individual’s history and physical examination to arrive at a treatment diagnosis and establish an individualized treatment plan to achieve your functional goals. Your Occupational Therapist will use a variety of treatment techniques that reduce pain and restore function. Some of these techniques may include passive modalities such as heat, ice, electrical stimulation, low level laser, and therapeutic ultrasound. These techniques will assist in advancement of active and constructive methods of rehabilitation. Other treatments may require custom splint fabrication for post-surgical protection or to increase range of motion.
What to know before your first visit:
- In most cases, treatment is initiated following the evaluation.
- Make sure the injured area is accessible.
- Allow ample time for a complete session; session time is approximately one hour.
- Treatment time can last longer depending on the severity of injury and the type of treatment the therapist is using. For a more accurate time, feel free to talk to your therapist.
- Periodically, you will need to be re-evaluated for a progress report that will be sent to your doctor.
- Please keep us informed of your appointments with your physician.
- Because of limited space and privacy, guests that accompany you will be required to stay in the lobby.
- If you bring children your appointment, please bring a responsible person that can supervise young children in the lobby. All young children should be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- Please refrain from cell phone use during your treatment sessions.
Our hand therapy services are provided by experienced, skilled, physical therapists. Our therapists work one-on-one with patients using compassion, creativity, and advanced therapy techniques, in a comfortable environment, to help patients achieve their goals and restore function. Individually designed therapy programs are carefully developed for patients with injuries and/or medical conditions related to the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand and digits.
Services may include the following:
- Evaluation (pre- and post-op)
- Splints (custom & prefabricated)
- Patient/Family Education
- Written Home Programs
- Wound Care
- Kinetic Taping
- Thermal and Electrical Modalities
- Strength & Endurance Training
- Injury Prevention Programs
- Scar and Pain Management
- Edema Control
- Manual Therapy Desensitization