Our facility includes a 60-foot heated swimming pool with a large workout area, swim lanes, and locker rooms with showers. We also have a large sports medicine gymnasium with over 50 pieces of workout equipment, free weights, four computerized hand and joint testing machines, and the latest in sports medicine equipment including cold laser therapy.
We pride ourselves in providing our community with the highest quality of care available anywhere in the nation. Hands-on techniques facilitate pain relief and functional recovery. Therapeutic exercise and specific home programs will help get you back to where you want to be faster.
What To Expect
The first contact you will have with a Physical Therapist (PT) will be during a scheduled evaluation. PTs utilize an individual’s history and physical examination to arrive at a treatment diagnosis and establish an individualized treatment plan to achieve your functional goals. Your physical therapist will use a variety of treatment techniques that help you move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. Some of these techniques may include passive modalities such as heat, ice, electrical stimulation, low level laser, and therapeutic ultrasound. These techniques will help you move quickly into more active and constructive methods of rehabilitation, like exercise.
What to know before your first visit:
- In most cases, treatment is initiated following the evaluation.
- Wear loose-fitting, exercise clothing.
- Make sure the injured area is accessible.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate shoes.
- Allow ample time for a complete session; session time is approximately one hour.
- Treatment time may last longer depending on the severity of injury and the type of treatment the therapist is using. For a more accurate time, feel free to talk to your therapist.